Did you know . . .
“If you want to learn this is the
place to start. Day to day, this
has motivated me to be the
best person I can be.”
basic life & literacy skills
to Moore adults.
… free tutoring to adults who need to improve their reading and writing skills. Our students are all ages – from young adults to grandparents – and include English speakers and non-English speakers.
We offer our students
- A personal learning plan, based on their assessed ability and life goals;
- A personal tutor, who is trained and supervised by qualified staff;
- Free workbooks, reading books, study resources;
- Access to our computer lab, during office hours;
- A reasonable expectation of meeting once a week, for one and a half to two hours;
- Tutoring sites in Robbins, Carthage, Vass, Aberdeen, Southern Pines, Pinehurst and West End;
- Flexible scheduling, to meet their busy and changing calendar; and
- Our commitment to their success.Read how MCLC’s programs have helped change lives right here in Moore County.