ProLiteracy Online In-Service Workshops
The ProLiteracy Education Network website offers in-service workshops to enhance your tutoring skills. These courses are short, self-paced courses that are free and allow you to come back and complete the course at a later time.
ProLiteracy Education Network’s free online courses and reading materials guide tutors and volunteers in quality literacy instruction and lifelong learning habits. These courses focus on adult basic education (ABE), GED preparation, English language learning, reading, writing, numeracy, learning disabilities, assessment, goals setting, lesson planning, and parent education.
Please log into the MCLC Page by clicking on the button to the right, to create an account and request online classes
- Step 1: Click the button to the right to go to the MCLC portal. The first time you visit, you will have to create an account.
- Step 2: Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select “Create an Account” the first time, and follow the steps. If you have already created an account, select “Login“.
- Step 3: After logging into the member page. Scroll down the page to the “Member Central” row and click the “See All” button on the right side of the screen.
- Step 4: In the left sidebar, click “Online Courses“. Find the course you are looking for, and select it, then click “Request“. See a listing of recommended courses below.
- Step 5: You are now on the “My Stuff” page for your account. Click “Open Curriculum” next to the online course you selected. Read the directions to take the course.
Suggested Courses / Materials
Tools and Techniques
Reading / Language
- Phonemic Awareness Instruction for Adult Literacy Learners
- A Way With Words: Strategies for strengthening adult learners vocabulary
- Understanding the Reading Process
- Developing Reading Fluency
- Before, During, and After: Reading Comprehension
Tutor Training Refreshers
(NOT a substitute for on-site, face-to-face training)